Tesla Robotics League
Join a Team
FIRST Tech Challenge teams consist of:
- 2 or more adult mentors
- 3-15 students in grades 7th - 12th.
Tesla's Community Based Teams
- 5937 Renaissance Robotics - Apopka, Homeschoolers/ASCE (spots available for 2019-20) contact
- 6090 Rockstar Robotics - Orlando, Walt Disney World Clubhouse Branch Boys & Girls Club (spots available for 2019-20) contact
- 8601 Godly Gears - South Apopka, New Journey Youth Center (spots available for 2019-20) contact
- 9930 Robo-Knights - Orlando near UCF, Central Florida Stem Conference (spots available for 2019-20) contact
- 9779 PIEaters - Orlando near College Park, Community/Neighborhood Team
- 12917 Error 404 - Windermere, Community/Neighborhood Team
- 14418 Constant Chaos - Orlando, Maker Effect Foundation (spots available for 2019-20) contact
- 15459 Tech Legacy - Orlando, Operation Reach Back
- 16247 Avalanche - Port Orange, Gracious Youth, Inc. (spots available for 2019-20) contact
- 16733 Gra-V Robotics - Orlando, Maker Effect Foundation (spots available for 2019-20) contact
Tesla's Private School Teams
Teams are generally limited to students attending the private school. Attending students can contact the coach at their school for information on joining the school team.
- Bishop Moore Catholic High School, Orlando - 15033 Bug Bytes
- Forest Lake Academy, Apopka - 11020 SKI, 13761 Grappler BeBop
- Foundation Academy, Winter Garden - 12273 Spacing Out, 17305 FA Maelstron
- Lake Highland Preparatory School, Orlando - 9277 Hazmat Robotics Explosives, 10650 Hazmat Robotics Biohazards
- Real Life Christian Academy, Clermont - 12739 Regressive
- Saint Paul Catholic School, Leesburg - 17340 Saint Paul Catholic School
Volunteers make up 99% of the FIRST workforce. Whether you have just a few hours, one day, a weekend to help, want to mentor a team, have technical or non-technical expertise, there is a volunteer role suited to your unique interest. Find information about FIRST programs, volunteer resources, opportunities, and more!
Volunteer at an Event
Mentor a Team
Want to work with a team? One day? Every week?
Would you like to present to all teams at one of our Tesla events?
Let us know the type of team you're looking to support and your availability and we will help you get in contact.
As a mentor or coach of a FIRST Tech Challenge team, you are, through the kids, the key ingredient in the success of your team. Your contribution to the success of FIRST programs and ultimately to the success of FIRST is immeasurable.
Tesla's Public School Teams
Make a Difference!
Teams are generally limited to students attending the public school. Attending students can contact the coach at their school for information on joining the school team.
- Orlando Science Schools, Orlando - 5070 NUTS, 6379 Clockwork Mania, 7579 RobotSakers, 15064 Java Jedi, 15065 Binary Bosses, 15067 Motherboard Maniacs, 15517 PAWS, 17288 Rubber Bandits
- University High School, Orlando - 3939 Bolts of Steel & 6327 Fetch
Click image to contact Tesla Robotics League.
Start a FIRST Tech Challenge Team
Other Program Levels
Sometimes there is not a FIRST Tech Challenge team that is a good fit or matches your schedule. Start a new team! It's easier than you think! No experience necessary and you are never alone!
Events and Teams in My Area - for all program levels
Statewide FIRST Tech Challenge website - www.flfirst.org
Unofficial local groups that strive to help facilitate team matchmaking and the creation of new teams:
FIRST Tech Challenge of Central Florida (grades 7th-12th, typically ages 12-18)
FIRST LEGO League of Central Florida (gardes 4th -8th, typically ages 9-14)
FIRST LEGO League Juniors of Central Florida (grades K-4th, typically ages 4*-10)
These groups are run by the students of one of our Tesla teams.